A great recipe from the healthy food obsessed, Juli Bauer the writer of several cookbooks and the blog, www.paleomg.com
Ever since I have switched to a paleo way of eating, I have most missed the convenience of meals. One of my favorite meals is a nice, filling, and delicious chicken salad. My mom knows that this is one of my favorite meals and still makes it for whenever I visit.
I’m not a cook by any stretch of the imagination– I prefer to find quick and simple meals from amazing cooks and this recipe delivers just that. It is quick, tasty and you don’t need to be a whiz in the kitchen. So try it for yourself, tell me what you think about it in the comments below, and enjoy a healthy and satisfying meal.
Chipotle Chicken Salad
- 1 pound chicken, cooked and diced
- 4 stalks of celery, finely chopped
- ¼ white onion, finely chopped
- ⅔ cup avocado oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chipotle adobo sauce
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix together chopped chicken, celery, and white onion.
- Place all mayo ingredients in a tall container, put immersion blender to the bottom of the container and turn on. Keep immersion blender on until the oil turns to a white color and into mayo. Should take just a little over 30 seconds, if that!
- Mix mayo with chicken, celery and onion.
- Eat up, however you’d like. In lettuce, with a fork. Or a spoon. Anything goes with chicken salad and 30 second mayo.